One of the things I’ve been practicing is asking God about the things that I don’t get.
Here is a list of a few questions I have today.
- Why did the awful actions of people in the Old Testament seem to get glossed over like they were no big deal?
- Do I have to like everybody?
- Do I have to get along with everybody?
- What should I do next with my life?
- I really don’t understand the book of Job.
- Why do people start conversations when they know it’s going to turn into an argument?
- What does it really mean for me, as a wife, to “submit” to my husband?
Some days I have way more questions than I have answers. I’m just going to keep asking. Even if God did decide to give me a direct answer to all these questions, there is no way I would be ready to understand them all.
That gives me an idea for one final question.
- Will you give me the wisdom to understand the answers as you give them to me?